Sacred Heart University has partnered with Project Travel, a peer-funding site dedicated to helping you raise the funds for your experience abroad. Think Kickstarter for your educational experience abroad. Peer-funding can be used to raise money for study abroad programs.
Project Travel project allows you to...
- Raise money and support for your educational travel programs
- Work 1-on-1 with a Project Advisor about how to successfully complete a project
- Access Project Travel resources and articles on peer-funding and IE topics
- Gain new skills in digital literacy, fundraising, and community outreach
- Stay engaged in the Project Travel alumni network
What is Peer-Funding?
Peer-funding is the collective effort of individuals who network and pool their money, usually via the internet, to support meaningful projects or efforts started by other people or organizations.
Why should I peer-fund my educational travel experience?
At Project Travel, peer-funding supports educational travel for individuals and groups. Peer-funding helps you raise money for your educational travel experience. Starting a Project tells your community that you are serious about educational travel and that you would like them to support you. Did you know that peer-funding helps you build and develop skills in online communication, marketing, and fundraising? You can include a successful Project on your resume and cover letter! Please visit the Project Travel website for more information on how peer-funding works.
Start a Project Now!
Visit the Project Travel website for Sacred Heart Students to begin your project.